Some say emailing is outdated. Hardly!
According to a Mckinsey & Company survey, email is significantly more effective at acquiring customers than social media. Why? Because 91% of consumers use email daily whether it is to connect with friends & family, do business, make purchases or sign up for newsletters. Email is said to be 40 % more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined.
This explains why our inboxes are always overflowing: It works! Because of this you are up against a lot of competition daily. The key is to make your emails stand out.
Here are a few tips to make your emailing more successful:
- Make the margins mobile friendly. Nowadays, the majority of all emails are opened on a mobile device. Be sure to use wide margins in our content copy to accommodate this.
- Use symbols in your subject lines. An arrow, smiley face or other text image can draw attention to your email vs. others.
- Use catchy subject line phrases, such as: “DO NOT BEND! Photo enclosed.” For this example, be sure to include an image in the email content to describe what it is you are demonstrating or sharing.
- Be clear and concise. Not everyone has the time to read a mile long email. Try to provide relevant info that your consumer can gain benefit from within the first 2 paragraphs.
- Use a direct call to action. Be sure you tell the receiver what it is you are offering and how they can participate, get more, see this, sign up, etc… with one simple click. Wherever you take them to (such as a landing page) should lead them towards the sale or action you wish them to take.
I hope you will try one or all of these tips in your next email marketing campaign. When followed, they should improve your open and response rates significantly.